22.11.13

Part 1 of November's 2Crafty Projects! :)

Hi everyone!

My 2Crafty post for November has just gone live!  Here's part one for you below, but if you'd like to see the full reveal, please check out 2Crafty's awesome blog!  Cheers! ***

Hey, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  And what better time to get into your Christmas scrapping than whilst the Christmas spirit, anticipation and excitement is in the air?

I have a bit of a Christmas "backlog" of photos - in fact I have a "everything backlog" photos!  But there are some gorgeous Christmas and non-Chrissy 2Crafty products out there which can be delightfully fun to work with for your Christmas projects.

First up is my new layout, entitled "A New Family Christmas Tradition"


I've showcased the fabulous Fir Xmas Tree here.  Isn't it lovely?  


I have painted it with acrylic paint (the green paint had a slight shimmer to it) and once dried, I've stamped a pretty snowflake stamp block over the top (the block was larger than the tree - so just one stamp needed).  The tree was topped with some lovely co-ordinating buttons, bling and twine - it was so much fun to "decorate"!

I opted for a larger star than the original attached star - so I adhered a star from the Weather Bits pack.  This star is super funky as it's got rounded corners and has plenty of room for BLING!  I first painted the star with gesso, yellow paint, then gold glitter.  Then came the custom - coloured bling to match (I coloured plain rhinestones and pearls with a yellow Sharpie pen before adhering).


I've inked two pieces of the Flower Spurt Chain with pink distress ink and I've cut it up into four pieces   and adhered them onto three places on my layout.

I've left the Holly Leaves raw and simply outlined the etched parts with a black pen.

*** For the full reveal please click here. :)

Follow on Bloglovin

37 comments:

  1. WOW!!Stunning Layout in lovely colours.Fabulous details and design.
    Amazing work:D:D

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely,colorful LO with a Happy Family !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page. I love your Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's a lovely layout Chantelle. The buttons on the christmas tree look so good x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is divine!!! Gorgeous Christmas papers & such a lovely family photo. My favourite thing is the Christmas Tree - I love how you've stamped on it & decorated it with buttons!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it..what a great layout! The papers are fabulous and I love your little fir tree...great photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chantal I love this, so many little details and the Christmas Colours look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great family photo! Love your tree with the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really thank you for visiting my blog :). Your layout is amazing.. I love the colors and the black line.. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww! Such a wonderful photo to scrap! I love how you used it on your amazing and fun layout, Chantal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything about this is lovely, and colors are magnificent and so many wonderful things to find on your layout, and you are making me feel christmassy!! love this !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous!! I love love love the colors and that tree!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the tree is so wonderful- is it a die?
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elborgi, the tree is chipboard - by 2Crafty. You can click on the name of the tree above to go straight to the 2Crafty website for more details. :)

      Delete
  14. What a FABULOUS photo....LOOOVE the tree, loooooove the words all circled & doodled....love the whole thing. Do NOT love that Chrissy is coming up at a gallop, however!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a super sweet page. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty! I love the tree embellished with OA buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This is STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!! Love all the bits and pieces that you've used here....Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love your button Christmas tree!
    Just a cool layout overall!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this happy page! That tree is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. great page full of fun little details to make it special

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful job you did with this layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the buttons on that cute little tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! I love the colors and details!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW WOW .... Very beautiful....layout.... Lovely family photo.... and the colors too.... Lift up the spirit for Christmas....! hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this (& the button ornaments)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another amazing layout Chantal!! A beautiful family photo and the colors are fabulous!! Love it!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous page, Chantal!! Love the buttoned Christmas tree! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  28. lovin those buttons o the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous, Chantal....so bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is SERIOUSLY AMAZING... The buttons on that Xmas tree look FAB....

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful layout! The tree is so cute with the buttons, lovely picture!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a bold, bright, happy page, Chantal! LOVE the way your outlining really makes everything pop!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful! I love that button tree!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! :D