5.11.13

Three layouts to share today! :)

Hi everyone!  

Today I'd like to share on my blog for the first time these three layouts, which were featured in a recent issue of Scrapbook Creations magazine (an Australian publication) and my commission was to choose an embellishment and focus on new ways to use it/alter it!  

So I chose bling! :D  Here's the first layout, "So Cheeky"...


All the bling that I've used on my layouts are by FWAB - which is an abbreviation for Flourish with a Bling.  I love their stuff!  So here I've altered the white Jasmine puffy flourishes and Chloe pearl flourishes with various techniques such as mixing paint on the flourish itself, to simply running some paint over the top with my finger. :)

The adhesive pearls and water drops (from the Up in the Sky pack) have also been altered with paints.

The alphas are by 2Crafty - they've been covered with washi. :)

Now for my next layout, I again altered the pearl flourishes' colours.  This time with coloured Sharpie markers.  You know how you can get those "80's" colours packs?  Well they are brilliant for colouring and customising your bling.

Here I have coloured the pearls in alternating colours for a pretty pattern.


The pearls and diamonds on the sun and under the sun (from the Up in the Sky Pack) have also been coloured.

I've created a custom bling frame around my photo too.  The possibilities of what you can do with bling flourishes can't be underestimated - I rarely leave one flourish intact - in it's "raw state" - they are just too much fun to alter! :)

I have used 2Crafty's chipboard doilies as layout corners here too. :)

Now this layout below goes one step further in using bling to make a frame.  Whilst the previous layout  has had bling applied around the photo with doodling around the outside, this is a much more detailed approach.

I have cut up "Jack's Vine" to make a unique photo frame…
  

So the vine pieces have been adhered in a puzzle format - fitting bits and pieces here and there - taking care to not overlap the photo at all and trimming off any overhanging pieces from the outside edges of the frame.

The magazine had more details and instructions etc of what I did, but I thought I'd give a general overview here too.

Thanks so much once again with your encouragement and support with my store!

I've got some new Christmas embellishments to funk-up and/or cutify any number of Chrissy projects…

These guys need a new home - they measure approx. 4" :)

These embellies are backed with vintage up-cycled Christmas carol sheet music!  Deck the Halls, baby!  ;)

Well that's all from me for today!  Have a great day!!

Cheers,
Chantal :D

Follow on Bloglovin

49 comments:

  1. super cute Christmas treats. Both of the layouts are stunning, wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have been a busy lady! I love your layouts! They have your signature color and charm. And congratulations on your etsy shop! I will have to check into that SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh you have been a busy bee!! These are all gorgeous!! LOVING those colors!! And loving the new embellies!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooooo beautiful pages. I love what you did with the bling. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bright pages, always so full of fun details and of course your so cute girls. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you! How pretty! Love the photos in "cheeky" and how your colored the pearls in the middle layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow amazing layouts/.......just stunning.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the pubbed! You are so creative with the bling. Such cool ideas. Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats !! All of them are so fresh n Cheerful ! Very cute Christmas embellies !

    ReplyDelete
  10. All gorgeous, you do bright and cheery so well it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. An explosion of colour mixed with delicious layers.. love it all!! Your Christmas felties are adoreable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such bright and fun colors!! It really gave me a boost of energy now that the darkness is back in North of Norway..
    Thanks for all your sweet comments in my blog.
    Congrats on your publications.

    ReplyDelete
  13. bright and beautiful , love them all x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know how to put a smile on me!... These layouts are simply stunning!... Loving the bright and happy colors.... Spring is here!!!! hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heehee! Fancy you choosing Bling. How ODD....NOOOOOT!!!!!!!! I get Scrapbooking Creations as an online mag...then never get around to read it. Hit me now!!! I'd better go check you out, eh? These looks soooo lovely....really show off the bling in lotsa different, fun ways:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome....love your fun happy layouts! Some great ideas with bling, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Three wonderful layouts and fabulous use of the bling mixed with beautiful bright and cheerful colours... just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. such fabulous work Chantal, love those christmas trees too :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Saw these in the mag Chantal - they're really fabulous! Hope the store's going well. Will place an order soon - just have to get a few projects out of the way first....

    ReplyDelete
  20. You continue to amaze me.. love your color and the whole feel of your layouts is one of love and fun.. fabulous tips on altering bling too.. love these gorgeous layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on the publications!! Love how you changed up the pearls. Such pretty pages!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such fun pages! I love all the Washi on the first one. They are all so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So, so sweet and so beautiful.....that's what these pages are. Your lo's are always so upbeat and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cool pages! I love the colors you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous pages Chantal...congrats on this huge publication . I never even knew I could alter bling.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulation on the publication! Teese pages are so cute and fun! Love the colors and the way you have used the swirls on the first one, and the frame on the last one is so cool!
    Have a wonderful day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Some great new ways to use bling!! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love how you use bold happy colors--they make your layouts and embellishments look cool.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such bright and happy and fun pages with gorgeous photos....the use of bling is inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I so love your pages Chantal, they are always so bright and such fun!! Gorgeous piccies and you altered the bling beautifully!! Must admit, I've never thought of doing that ... will now though!! Absolutely gorgeous work!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW!!!!
    These pages is STUNNING:D:D
    So many lovely,fabulous details and the colours are so bright and fun:D:D

    Fab work!!

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love how you used the bling! Loving those super cute photos too and how cute are your felt creations??

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome layouts! I LOVE all the color and bling! Super cute embellies too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful pages! I love the happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous fun,filled pages -as always chantal :) You are such a photogenic family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I just love the way you use colour!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful pages and such great ideas for altering! Love how you used washi on the alphas. Your girls are beautiful! Lovely items in your Etsy shop. Good luck with your new venture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fab pages as always Chantal - love how you've used that vine to create the vine...so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh wow...these are just amazing layouts and I love how differntly you used the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh my word you have rocked the FWAB like nobody's business!! Fantastic!!! And come over to my blog - I have something waiting for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. So colorfully FABulous! Love your attention to detail and beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  42. You have been so creative with the bling and did things that I have never thought of (using marker on bling?!) - Beautiful work all around!

    ReplyDelete
  43. wow so many beautiful layouts!!! your layering is stunning as well as your color pallets!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Gosh...how amazing are these! You did a fantastic job at altering them!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Those little trees are so cute! Fab layouts - You've worked the Chantal magic on those layouts :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! :D