8.3.14

Say What??!

Hey there everyone!  I hope you're all well.  Today I'd like to share on my blog a recent layout that I made as a Guest Designer for Jenni Bowlin Studios.

I have used the awesome February 2014 Papercrafting Kit here for my layout, "Say What??!."


I was so inspired by the wonderfully playful speech bubble paper and the coordinating Maya Road paper clips.  These elements gave me the perfect opportunity to scrapbook some wonderful memories about my youngest daughter, Heidi, who says the cutest and funniest things!  It's so important to jot down these little moments as they are so easy to forget over time.  


I really enjoyed creating this layout, as I had some fab photos and journalling all ready to go and this kit just made the whole layout come together so sweetly!  I absolutely adore the colours and the lovely timeless embellishments included!  I used the Mercantile Exclusive Stencil with some different coloured mists - to pepper a sweet rainbow of hearts over the patterned background for extra depth and for a cute and colourful detail.

I love that gold sequin at the bottom right corner.  I hand sewed it on to the layout, like I did for the paperclip above, which I think gives a nice home-spun touch -whilst adhering of course. :)

Well that's all I have to share for now!  Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
Chantal :D

21 comments:

  1. for a wonderful and playful LO you created. Love those speech bubbles and a lovely girl you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what an amazing fun packed layout..it' s perfect. A great idea too to stitch the paperclip to the page x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much color and fun Chantal, congrats to you on your GD spot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is totally amazing & I love that you're documenting those little sayings before they get 'lost'.....fabulous page! And BIG congrats on the gig at JB:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooooooooooo cute cute cute!! I loveeeeeeeeee those photos and the colors!!! And again, huge congrats on the GDT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fantastic page, Chantal! What wonderful memories you have captured. We take the photos but so often forget to capture the words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun and funky - love it when a page is in my head and ready to roll. This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect way to document all these endearing moments! Love the colors and fun elements! Fabulous page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great especially recording what the adorable girls say!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just sooo adorable Chantal - and yes it really is important to get all these cute-isms down on papaer while you still remember them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a fun layout! Those photos are fabulous, love all your journaling , how fabulous!,

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SO MUCH FUN, Chantal! I love every single inch of your creative and wonderful layout!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous page Chantal! It really looks as if it belongs in a girly magazine! Take care, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable Chantal! Love the fun and funky page as it works so well with the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a fun page Chantal! I love this idea of documenting the funny things kids say...I should pull out my little book of Tiges quotes! Great idea hun and a perfect page!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fun, so playful! Love all the different pics. Congrats to you on the GD spot....exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh so fun! Love all the misting with a rainbow of colour.:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha I love the funny pictures!! & I adore how your layout looks a little like a doodle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally awesome page Chantal!! Love all the journalling how great to get all those quotes documented!
    A real treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous fun filled page. Gorgeous photos of your lovely daughter and love all the cute little quotes. Magic!! ox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! :D