10.4.14

Masters Task No. 3! :)

Hello there!

Today I'd like to share my 3rd task for Masters.  The task was to…

'Create a single layout with a unique background.  This can be achieved through using mediums, paper or fabric.'


I was very excited about this task and it was the first one that I did.  I loved the “unique background” challenge and I decided to do something that I have wanting to do for such a long time – watercolour painting!

To accompany these photographs, I decided to paint an insiders view of the footy stadium we attended.  I first looked up the stadium’s website and was very pleased to find a photograph facing the area we were seated when these photos were taken.  Using this photo as a guide, I first did a rough sketch with pencil to get the dimensions right and I added the depth and detail with watercolour.  Once I was happy with my painting and it was dry, I added in little outlines and extra definition with a black gel pen.  

Now although I was super happy with my action-packed background, I needed to soften it just a tad so my photos will become the first focus, so I machine stitched three rectangular pieces of vellum in a lively design to match and support the layout’s theme.

My five photos were taken on my iphone so the quality wasn’t super top-notch so I was happy to print them a little smaller to compensate this, and cluster them in such a way to kind of reenact the day’s feel.  Each photo was matted onto craft corrugated cardboard (this neutral colour and the texture helps to “ground” them), followed by colourful patterned paper (to tie in with the colourful painted background and the photos themselves), then vellum (to soften the patterns and colours – like the background) and finally some white patterned paper (with camera line drawings to tie in the drawn background).





I painted four 2Crafty chipboard Footballs red and used black and white gel pens to draw the fine details (I used a footy that we have at home to copy the design for this).  These gel pens worked a treat on the red painted chipboard!   I used my footballs as “o’s” for my title – it looks so cool, but truth be told, I had this idea because I simply didn’t have enough “o’s” so it worked out really well in the end!





This was my first completed challenge and it had me raring to go for the next three!  :)

Thanks for stopping by today!  Stay tuned for my forth and final Master's task instalment! :D

Have a great day!

Cheers,
Chantal 
xo

Follow on Bloglovin

28 comments:

  1. Cool, I like your ideas very much!
    xoxo
    Alessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun-filled layout! I love your amazing details and beautiful photos, and especially your design!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing this & thinking how wonderfully creative & clever it was at the time.....& same now! Really, really fabulous! No wonder you're a Master!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing layout, love the water color back ground and allllll those wonderful photos and details.. love the use of the footballs for your 'O's too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun - love it. It totally suits your style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This background looks really great! I also liked the stitched vellum squares here, amazing LO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee that background you created and loving the footballs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW....
    Very,very BEAUTIFUL :)!
    Great layering,and i love your fotos too.

    Hugs.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super supercool page Chantal! Not only do I love your LO, but your details such as the pretty stitches as well! Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sketched stadium is Just AWESOME !! I thought it to be some printed page..but you have created it from scratch Fab job !! Loved how you have arranged the photos around it rather than center :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous fabulous LO! Love love the background you have created. The stitching and layers are amazing! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic background. It was the first thing that struck me even before I read your post. Also like how you did the title.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW, such an amazing layout and love the background! Great use of vellum!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow. That watercolour background is spectacular. And I LOVE the idea of the vellum to bring the focus to the photos...so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Go you Chantal! I love the way you used the footys as 'o's'. It's funny the way that sometime the best part of the page comes from something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful and lovely layout, Chantal. Love all the beautiful layers of embellishments and wonderful photos. Sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh My Goodness, this is amazing!!! Totally adore this fabulous page. You are so clever to draw and paint that fab background and all those wonderful layers and embellies are just perfect. A truly unique and stunning page!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  18. A unique and brilliant background Chantal... You are.very clever and talented....gorgeous work....Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely adore the gorgeous background on you LO Chantal, looks amazing, and I love how you incorporated the footballs in your title!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh my goodness, spectacular job with the background! And stitched vellum to soften it....brilliant! Love the job you did here!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another beautiful fun layout with gorgeous detail. Love it and the bright happy feel it gives....

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is sooooo super and that background really amazing! You did a wonderful job...wow! Love how it all ties together....fabulous page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cool! Love the clusters with the footballs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your watercolour background is simply stunning. Gorgeous, gorgeous page.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can not believe that you actually painted the background yourself!!! This is amazingly creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much! :D